First Federal Community Foundation Announces Grant Awards
Fifteen Local Nonprofits Receive $300,000 in Gifts
Port Angeles, WA, November 4, 2016– First Federal Community Foundation announces the following grant awards to local nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities:
- Bellingham Food Bank: Awarded $10,000 Community Support Challenge Grant to purchase and install a generator for emergency preparedness.
- Jefferson County Farmers Markets Association: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Matching Grant for the “Gimme5” food assistance program.
- Lindquist Dental Clinic for Children: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for the Uncompensated Care Fund for low-income youth who are patients of the agency’s Bremerton clinic.
- North Olympic Land Trust: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Matching Grant for the agency’s “Love Where You Live” education and awareness programs in Clallam County.
- Port Angeles Food Bank: Awarded $10,000 Community Support Challenge Grant to purchase and install a generator for emergency preparedness.
- Sequim Food Bank: Awarded a $10,000 Community Support Challenge Grant to purchase and install a generator for emergency preparedness.
- Volunteer Hospice of Clallam County: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for nurse training programs.
- Lydia Place: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing grant for “Strengthening Families, Building Futures” capital program to build capacity for the agency’s transitional housing facility and parent support programs in Whatcom County.
- Northwest Youth Services: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing grant for capital campaign to construct “22 North,” a shelter for homeless youth located in Bellingham.
- Poulsbo-North Kitsap Rotary Foundation: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing grant for capital campaign for “Morrow Manor,” a shelter for survivors of domestic violence, located in Poulsbo.
- Andrew’s Retirement Community: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing Challenge Grant for capital improvements to St. Andrew’s Place Assisted Living facility, located in Port Angeles.
- Central Stage Theatre of County Kitsap (CSTOCK): Awarded $50,000 Community Development Matching Grant for capital campaign to construct a new performing arts center in collaboration with the Central Kitsap School District, in Silverdale.
- North Kitsap Fishline: Awarded $25,000 Community Development Challenge Grant for “Transforming Lives” capital campaign to expand Comprehensive Services Center located in Poulsbo.
- Olympic Medical Center Foundation: Awarded $50,000 Community Development Grant for capital campaign to expand Cancer Care Center located in Sequim.
- West End Youth League: Awarded $25,000 Community Development Grant for construction of the Tod Horton On Deck Playground located in Forks.
“We are proud of these fine organizations dedicated to improving the quality of life in our communities,” said Foundation board chairman David Flodstrom. “Our Foundation gifts help them accomplish their mission, which ultimately benefits all of us.”
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.