First Federal Community Foundation Announces Spring 2017 Grant Awards
Fifteen Local Nonprofits Receive $300,000 in Gifts
Port Angeles, WA, May 1, 2017– First Federal Community Foundation announces the following grant awards to local nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities:
- Brigid Collins Family Support Center: Awarded $6,500 Community Support Grant for capital improvements to its Bellingham facility.
- Habitat for Humanity in Whatcom County: Awarded $50,000 Affordable Housing Grant for construction of 24 townhomes for 120 low-income working adults and children.
- Habitat for Humanity of East Jefferson County: Awarded $50,000 Affordable Housing Grant for the South County Home Repair Program.
- Joyce Fire Department Auxiliary: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant for the Joyce Emergency Planning and Preparation Group’s emergency preparedness initiative.
- Kitsap Immigration Assistance Center: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant for training programs to build the agency’s capacity in Kitsap County.
- New Dungeness Light Station Association: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant for improvements to interior and exterior signage and interpretive panels at the Dungeness Lighthouse in Sequim.
- Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding: Awarded $25,000 Economic Development Grant for capital improvements to the Hammond Shop classroom in Port Hadlock.
- Peninsula Housing Authority: Awarded $45,000 Community Development Grant for construction of a new playground for the Mt. Angeles View campus in Port Angeles.
- Scarlet Road: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant for aftercare program for victims of sex trafficking/exploitation in Kitsap County.
- Sequim School District #323-Hellen Haller Elementary School: Awarded $11,000 Community Support Grant for the 2017 Summer Reading Program.
- Skillmation: Awarded $7,500 Community Support Grant for website upgrades to support mentoring programs in Jefferson County.
- Skookum Kids: Awarded $25,000 Community Development Grant for capital improvements to the agency’s indoor playground and café in Bellingham.
- The Coffee Oasis: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing Grant to expand capacity to reach homeless and at-risk youth in Kitsap County.
- Volunteers in Medicine of the Olympics: Awarded $30,000 Community Development Grant for expansion of the agency’s medical clinic in Port Angeles.
- Washington Nonprofits: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant for nonprofit training programs that build capacity in Clallam, Jefferson and Kitsap Counties.
“First Federal Community Foundation recognizes the positive impact these organizations have within our communities,” said Foundation board chairman David Flodstrom. “We are proud to help them reach their goals, strengthening our communities and improving the quality of life for all of us.”
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
About First Federal: First Federal is a subsidiary of First Northwest Bancorp (FNWB). First Federal is a Washington-chartered, community-based savings bank headquartered in Port Angeles, WA. First Federal is currently serving Western Washington through 12 banking centers; located within Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap and Whatcom counties. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. www.ourfirstfed.com / (360)417.3204 / (800)800.1577
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or email at email@example.com.