First Federal Community Foundation Announces Grant Awards
Sixteen Local Nonprofits Receive $364,700 in Gifts
Port Angeles, WA, December 11, 2017– First Federal Community Foundation announces the following grant awards to local nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities:
- Blue Skies for Children: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant to provide shoes, backpacks and small grants for students in Whatcom County.
- Boys and Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula: Awarded $6,200 Community Support Grant for educational software to be used in the club’s Sequim and Port Angeles locations.
- Clallam County Fire District #3: Awarded $6,500 Community Support Grant to provide emergency response training in Clallam County.
- Community Frameworks: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing Grant to rehabilitate four homes for the agency’s Build in Bremerton Program in Kitsap County.
- Eastside Baby Corner: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant for the “Purchasing Power Program” providing supplies to low-income families in Kitsap County.
- Feiro Marine Life Center: Awarded $25,000 Community Development Grant to develop partnership agreements supporting a proposed new facility in downtown Port Angeles.
- Harrison Medical Center Foundation: Awarded $25,000 Community Development Grant to equip 10-bed Special Care Nursery for fragile infants in Kitsap County.
- Jefferson County Farmers Market: Awarded $7,000 Community Support Grant for the new “Power of Produce Club” in Port Townsend and Chimacum.
- Kathleen Sutton Fund: Awarded $10,000 Community Support Grant to provide travel assistance to cancer patients in need on the North Olympic Peninsula.
- Olympic College Foundation: Awarded $50,000 Community Development Grant to fund new equipment for the new College Instruction Center on the Olympic College campus in Kitsap County.
- Olympic Medical Center Foundation: Awarded $25,000 Community Development Grant to fund expansion of the OMC Cancer Care Center in Sequim.
- PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center Foundation: Awarded $100,000 Community Development Grant to fund equipment for and modifications to the Cardiovascular Center lab in Whatcom County.
- Port Townsend Main Street Program: Awarded $35,000 Economic Development Grant to fund the “Paving the Way to a Brighter Future” construction mitigation initiative in Port Townsend.
- Sequim Family Advocates: Awarded $5,000 Community Support Grant as sponsor for the Sequim Picklers, to build an 8-court pickleball complex at Carrie Blake Park in Sequim.
- Serenity House of Clallam County: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing Grant to replace exterior stairways at Evergreen Family Village in Port Angeles.
- South Kitsap Helpline: Awarded $10,000 Community Support Grant to support the “Nourishing the Hungry” program in Kitsap County.
“We are pleased to announce these gifts in support of organizations that are making a difference in our communities,” said foundation president Dave Flodstrom. “First Federal is committed to giving back to those who need it most.”
Since it was funded in January 2015, First Federal Community Foundation has given $1,981,500 in grant awards to qualified organizations in the communities of Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap and Whatcom Counties.
“Our Foundation is proud to be one of the premier corporate philanthropists for companies of our size in the Pacific Northwest region,” said First Federal president and CEO Larry Hueth. “We are proud of our commitment to improving the quality of life in the communities we serve.”
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
About First Federal: First Federal is a subsidiary of First Northwest Bancorp (FNWB). First Federal is a Washington-chartered, community-based savings bank headquartered in Port Angeles, WA. First Federal is currently serving Western Washington through 12 banking centers; located within Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap and Whatcom counties. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. www.ourfirstfed.com / (360)417.3204 / (800)800.1577
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or email at email@example.com.