First Federal Community Foundation Announces Spring 2018 Grant Awards
Fifteen Local Nonprofits Receive $385,000 in Gifts
Port Angeles, WA, May 4, 2018– First Federal Community Foundation announces the following grant awards to local nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities:
- Bainbridge Island Museum of Art: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to expand in-school arts education outreach programs.
- Boys and Girls Club of Whatcom County: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant to increase the capacity of the Healthy Meals Program.
- Concerned Citizens: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant to re-roof the Sunshine & Rainbows Child Care Center in Forks.
- Port Townsend Marine Science Center: Awarded $6,750 Community Support grant to subsidize hands-on science classes for children from low and moderate income families.
- Port Townsend School of the Arts: Awarded $6,750 Community Support grant to fund summer arts camps supplies and scholarships for children from low and moderate income families.
- Washington’s National Park Fund: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for the Elwha River restoration middle school science program in Port Angeles.
- Habitat for Humanity of East Jefferson County: Awarded $30,000 Affordable Housing grant for the South County Home Repair Program.
- Kulshan Community Land Trust: Awarded $30,000 Affordable Housing grant to provide counseling and education programs for low and moderate income homeowners.
- Fort Worden Public Development Authority: Awarded $100,000 Economic Development grant to rehabilitate three buildings as part of its Makers Square initiative.
- Bainbridge Island Child Care Centers: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant to develop a new care facility for school-age children.
- Holly Ridge Center: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to purchase and renovate a new facility to accommodate growth.
- NatureBridge: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant to upgrade the fire suppression system at Olympic National Park’s Rosemary Inn.
- Olympic Medical Center Foundation: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant for expansion of the Cancer Care Center in Sequim.
- Peninsula Behavioral Health: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to renovate its building to accommodate the Children’s Behavioral Health Clinic.
“We are pleased to announce these gifts to organizations that are improving the quality of life in our communities,” said outgoing foundation board chairman David Flodstrom. “First Federal Community Foundation is committed to investing in our shared future through these gifts.”
Since it was funded in January 2015, First Federal Community Foundation has given $2,366,500 in grant awards to qualified organizations in Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap and Whatcom Counties.
“Our Foundation is proud to be one of the premier corporate philanthropists for companies of our size in the Pacific Northwest region,” said First Federal president and CEO Larry Hueth. “We are proud of our commitment to making our communities better places to live for all of us.”
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
About First Federal: First Federal is a subsidiary of First Northwest Bancorp (FNWB). First Federal is a Washington-chartered, community-based savings bank headquartered in Port Angeles, WA. First Federal is currently serving Western Washington through 13 banking centers; located within Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap and Whatcom counties. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. www.ourfirstfed.com / (360)417.3204 / (800)800.1577
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.