First Federal Community Foundation Announces Fall 2018 Grant Awards
Sixteen Local Nonprofits Receive $500,000 in Gifts
Port Angeles, WA, [Nov 30, 2018]– First Federal Community Foundation announces the following grant awards to local nonprofits that are making a difference in their communities:
- Boys and Girls Club of the Olympic Peninsula: Awarded $100,000 Community Development grant for construction of new Clubhouse in Port Angeles.
- Shipley Center: Awarded $100,000 Community Development grant for construction of new Health and Wellness Annex in Sequim.
- Housing Resources Bainbridge: Awarded $60,000 Affordable Housing grant to rehabilitate ten units of affordable housing for low income individuals and families on Bainbridge Island.
- Roxy Bremerton: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to replace seating in the historic Roxy Theatre in Bremerton.
- Whatcom Dispute Resolution Center: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to redevelop a recently acquired building for its new permanent location.
- Jefferson Community Foundation: Awarded $40,000 Affordable Housing grant to design and launch the new Jefferson County Housing Solutions Network.
- Jefferson Healthcare Foundation: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant to acquire a new infant warmer for Jefferson Healthcare’s Family Birth Center in Port Townsend.
- KPTZ Radio Port Townsend: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant for improvements to new studio location in Port Townsend.
- Centrum Foundation: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant for scholarships to the Young Artist Program in Port Townsend.
- Whatcom Family YMCA: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant for scholarships to low-income families for afterschool programs in Whatcom County.
- Financial Beginnings Washington: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to provide financial literacy education for students in Jefferson, Kitsap and Whatcom counties.
- Clear Creek Task Force: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to develop a guidebook for Dyes Inlet Water Quality Program in Kitsap County.
- Kids Discovery Museum: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for free and subsidized admission for low-income children in Kitsap County.
- Kidzz Helping Kidzz: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to purchase toys for children who are hospitalized during the holidays in Kitsap County.
- Sequim Wheelers: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to purchase a new adapted bicycle and transportation equipment for providing accessible bike rides for disabled clients in Sequim.
- Washington’s National Park Fund: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to provide outdoor recreation programming for youth in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club in Clallam County.
“With these gifts, First Federal Community Foundation demonstrates its commitment to enriching our communities, creating new opportunities, and expanding the capacity of our local nonprofit agencies,” said foundation board chairman Norman Tonina, Jr. “We are committed to our leadership role in giving back to our communities, and we are proud to be making a difference through these investments in the people and places we call home.”
Since it was funded in January 2015, First Federal Community Foundation has given $2,866,500 in grant awards to qualified organizations in Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap and Whatcom Counties.
“Last year First Federal and its foundation were ranked #2 of the top 25 mid-sized corporate philanthropists in the Pacific Northwest region by the Puget Sound Business Journal,” said First Federal president and CEO Larry Hueth. “We are proud to continue to provide meaningful gifts that will improve the quality of life for all of us.”
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
About First Federal: First Federal is a subsidiary of First Northwest Bancorp (FNWB). First Federal is a Washington-chartered, community-based savings bank headquartered in Port Angeles, WA. First Federal is currently serving Western Washington through 12 banking centers located within Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap and Whatcom counties. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. www.ourfirstfed.com / (360)417.3204 / (800)800.1577
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Karen McCormick at 360-417-3112 or email at email@example.com.