First Federal Community Foundation Announces Spring 2019 Grant Awards
Sixteen local nonprofits receive $400,000 in gifts
Port Angeles, WA, May 6, 2019– First Federal Community Foundation announces the following grant awards to nonprofit agencies that are making a difference in their communities:
- Jefferson Healthcare Foundation: Awarded $100,000 Community Development grant to renovate the inpatient areas of Jefferson Healthcare Medical Center.
- Max Higbee Center: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to remodel and expand facility for new primary location in Whatcom County.
- KPTZ Radio Port Townsend: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to purchase transmitter site and develop emergency broadcast center program.
- Whatcom Center for Early Learning: Awarded $50,000 Community Development grant to remodel new facility and expand capacity.
- North Olympic Regional Veteran’s Housing Network: Awarded $25,000 Economic Development grant for construction of a new retail facility that will employ disabled veterans in Forks.
- Habitat for Humanity of East Jefferson County: Awarded $25,000 Affordable Housing grant for the South County Home Repair Program.
- Dungeness River Audubon Center: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant for reconstruction and expansion of River Center location in Sequim.
- North Olympic Healthcare Network: Awarded $25,000 Community Development grant to equip a new 7-chair dental clinic in Port Angeles serving low-income patients.
- Bainbridge Island Senior Community Center: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant for new Resource Navigator program.
- Scarlet Road: Awarded $10,000 Community Support grant to purchase security equipment and make property improvements to enhance safety of clients and staff in Kitsap County.
- Camp Beausite Northwest: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to expand programming for disabled campers attending the camp’s Jefferson County location.
- Girls on the Run of Westsound: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for scholarships to girls from low income families in Kitsap County.
- Kids in Concert: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant to purchase new and used instruments for programs serving low income kids in Kitsap County.
- Sequim Museum & Arts: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for construction of new building.
- Olympic Neighbors: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for developmentally disabled adult programs at new facility in Jefferson County.
- Recreation Northwest: Awarded $5,000 Community Support grant for “Parkscription” public health campaign.
“With these gifts, First Federal Community Foundation has now funded over $3.2 million in grant awards since we began operations in 2015,” said foundation board chairman Norman Tonina, Jr. “We will continue investing in our communities through our local non-profit agencies as they address the economic development opportunities and the many pressing challenges.”
In 2018, First Federal Bank and its foundation were ranked #2 of the top 25 mid-sized corporate philanthropists in the Pacific Northwest by the Puget Sound Business Journal. First Federal Community Foundation makes grants to qualified agencies that provide services in Clallam, Jefferson, Kitsap and Whatcom Counties in the state of Washington.
About the First Federal Community Foundation: First Federal Community Foundation is a private 501(c)3 charitable corporation funded with a gift of cash and stock from First Northwest Bancorp, the parent company of First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Port Angeles. The Foundation provides funding for community support, affordable housing, economic development and community development in communities where First Federal operates a full-service branch.
About First Federal: First Federal is a subsidiary of First Northwest Bancorp (FNWB). First Federal is a Washington-chartered, community-based savings bank headquartered in Port Angeles, WA. First Federal is currently serving Western Washington through 13 banking centers; located within Clallam, Jefferson, King, Kitsap and Whatcom counties. Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender. www.ourfirstfed.com/ (360)417.3204 / (800)800.1577
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact Jan Simon at 360-417-3112 or email at email@example.com.